Tuesday, April 20, 2010

InterStim...It's NOT just a 'girl' thing!












I recently had the privilage of meeting a wonderful young man online who has just gotten his Stage2 InterStim implanted. Yes, I said "man". I won't mention his name, (although he probably wouldn't mind) or share too much, except to say that a couple of years ago he was involved in an accident that resulted in the crushing of the nerves that effect bladder function. I can't even imagine what it must have been like for this young man to go through what he did, and then discover that he would have to cath himself. It must have seemed hopeless. Well, he now has his Stage 2 InterStim and so far so good. His bladder is functioning normally again and no more caths! This road we travel because of bladder problems is not an easy one, but I truly appreciate this young man's willingness to openly talk about what has happened to him and how he is doing...and MOST important, to let other men know that it is perfectly alright to have the InterStim procedure if that is what the Dr. recommends. No man or woman should suffer when such an amazing device is available...and I wish him a long and positive life living as normal as he possibly can again.

2 comments:

  1. You are so awesome!!!! Thank you and your right i wouldnt mind if they knew my name its more important for men and women to see thier doctor and not just putit off or hide whats going on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bubba,

    I will keep your name private, but you definately have an amazing story and it's worth sharing. I will work on it tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete