Sunday, April 18, 2010

The ONLY drawback.



As the days and weeks slip so quickly by and I continue to do well with my InterStim, almost to the point of forgetting that it's even there, I talk to all of my friends online who are suffering with over active bladder and Interstitial Cystitis. I take into myself their pain and distress and wish so badly that they could be as free as I am since having the InterStim procedure. I sleep at least 6 to 7 hours at a time now, when I was lucky to sleep an hour before my procedure and often getting next to no sleep at all for relentless trips to the bathroom all night long. There are far too many people with bladder disease or over active bladder that do not have insurance or enough insurance to even cover expensive medicines, let alone treatment. I suffer for them. I have been blessed with the most amazing blessing I could ever dream of, the InterStim, and at the same time, feel that it is the pain of others that has become the only drawback to this procedure. I want them to have a better quality of life. I want them to experience what I am experiencing. I feel that it is my duty to do everything I can while living and breathing to encourage others who are suffering that there IS hope and light at the end of the tunnel, and that there is always a way through the darkest of situations to a better day. Indeed that is my responsibility. And, if I can ease the pain of one person who is still suffering, if only for a moment, then I have done my job.

3 comments:

  1. You are so thoughtful and caring for others. Just sharing this blog with everyone that is reaching out. Letting others know that its ok and they are not alone. You dont realize what you have till you lose it. I always took going to the bathroom for granted, till I couldnt pee anymore. Now, I can not wait for that day again! You are such a blessing Penny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful journaling entry... You are one amaZZZZZZing lady! Huggles to YOU, Author Ms. Penny Heart...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do this because I care. And I thank you for your kind words so much. We live in a pretty hectic society and sometimes it feels like no one stops to smell the roses (so to speak) or to relax and appreciate what they have. It doesn't matter how good or bad off a person is, if they look, they will find reasons to be appreciative! Life is definately worth living abundantly!

    ReplyDelete