Sunday, April 4, 2010

The Entry of Spring!


I'm not quite sure why but when Easter rolls around I can't help but think of all of the joy that the beautiful Springtime brings. Long since passed are the days of Autumn when leaves brought forth their glorious colors and faded away to the cold, dark of winter. Here in Las Vegas the month of March has been a cold one. But today as the first few days of April begin, I feel the warmth of this special time of year against my skin and all is well with my soul. I have just completed two weeks of work since having my InterStim and all is going very well. I am sleeping better. No more getting up all night to rush to the rest room and many times, not even making it there in time without an accident and having to change my clothes. I don't miss those days. They were like the dark and horrible winter of my life. I had no life back then but for work and laying in bed praying to God for some sleep. Sleep that never came...that is...until I made the choice to try the InterStim. Now I thank God for this great medical technology that has helped to make me well again. Today I can enjoy Spring. I can enjoy trips to the desert to photograph the wild flowers and not be scared I can't hold my bladder. I can drive to the Lake for lunch or drive across town and not feel frantic for a bathroom. The entry of Spring is the best time of year for a new InterStim patient. I view the world as if it is brand new. I'm seeing life sprout up all around me and I am also a part of that life again. I am forever greatful!

No comments:

Post a Comment