Monday, June 21, 2010

The Lone Approach












A couple of weeks ago I recieved a shocker. My oldest sister is heading to prison. She has never portrayed herself to me for her entire life as anything but an extremely religious person, so imagine my shock to have to come to terms with her not being who she let me believe she was. And, as if that weren't enough, a few days ago my daughter's community of Wadena, Minnesota was half blown away by a tornado. The high school is completely gone. Half of the businesses and homes are gone. In a matter of moments everything was destroyed. As well, tonite I was viciously attacked for the approach I am taking on this BLOG. I will not repeat the unkind words except to say they hurt me very much and were unwarranted. I have created this BLOG for the purpose of sharing my story and the stories of anyone who would like me to share them. This is not a forum for the debate about the pros or cons of the InterStim, Medtronics, IC, or ANYthing. This is simply my story and how I choose to tell it. One of the nicest things the person who attacked me said, and still it wasn't very nice, was that I was not genuine because I didn't tell all sides of the story. She went on to cite some of her negatives about her experience. Well, to that I say, you are more than welcome to create your own BLOG and rant until the cows come home. We all have that right. Personally I choose to take a positive approach, whether she or anyone likes it or not. It's the only approach that works for me, and I know it is helping me on my solitary walk though this life. We each have a right to express how we feel in whatever format we choose. This BLOG is my lone approach to my experience with Bladder issues and the InterStim. If it doesn't jive with someone elce's approach that is nothing I can do anything about. I choose to be positive and to find the good. Life is not easy. No matter how together we are with other people and with the world....when it comes right down to it, we are each very much alone in our bodies and have to deal with things in ways that no other person might have to. My lone approach is to walk the solitary beach of life with as much positive energy as I can muster....until I can muster no more and shame on anybody who has to make an issue of that. They will be in my thoughts and prayers.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, these words touch me deeply. No one lives with the body I have been given. We each suffer differently, some suffer terribly, and all who will listen knows of her/his struggles. Some of us suffer terribly, and are quiet, forced to keep quiet because no one wants to hear. Each of us have a body trial. It is the way we choose to live with our physical limitations or pain that is our choice. We can choose to see every bad thing. We can choose to be blinded and see nothing. We could choose to see every challenge and celebrate how we deal with what we've been given. You my friend, on your solitary journey give me much to ponder. It is a solitarary journey no matter how many people are in your life. Only you are in your body. Only you know how you are or aren't doing. The admirable charactor you have chosen to be is the person who, on a body journey of many journeys choose to see the golden moments. Those moments, no matter how small that shine above the other trials. You choose to celebrate THOSE tiny gifts that glow through your journey. It is YOUR story to tell, it is myself who chooses to read your storyvbecause of the positive nuggets found in each of your writing pieces. Some would not be able to climb to the top as you have dine. They seem to see on the impossible, the challenges and trials. They choose to suffer through, never noticing those nuggets of glowing strength in even small doses. It's the small nuggets that really matter. The tiny moments if joy begging to be noticed within the pain and worry that we should look for. Those nuggets are there for each of us. I'm grateful to you my friend that you choose to pick out those tiny nuggests, shining and glorifying each one. You stay possitive. You lift others. You lift yourself above your trials, and that my friend makes reading your blog interesting, heartwarming and fills me with HOPE. Without HOPE we have nothing when it comes to living with chronic pain. Thank you for your shining example. For sharing YOUR STORY as you choose to see it. I love you for it! You go girl!

    ReplyDelete