Tuesday, June 22, 2010

No Apologies











This morning I woke up greatful. Why? Because I slept 9 full hours. Since having the InterStim I have gone from having to go to the bathroom every 45 minutes (or less), to getting up once or twice at night...and now last night to sleeping nine hours. I will not apologize for the positive results that I have had from my InterStim implant. For me it is working, and working great. To have someone send me emails saying that my BLOG was not genuine or not telling both sides to a story was very hurtful. This BLOG was created to tell MY story, and should anyone like me to share their positive story as well, I will do that. I don't know if you ever noticed, but when things are going well for a person, you don't much hear about it. But the minute things aren't going so good, all they do is complain and bicker, and feel sorry for themselves. I have plenty of health problems that could cause me to sit in my corner and ask God and the cosmos, "WHY ME???" but I choose not to do that.

As you know many people contract cancer. They go on treatments such as chemo and radiation. Not everyone who subjects themselves to these treatments will do so well. Some will become very ill, while others will fare pretty well. Some people will find their cancers getting better while for others, it will be worse. There are NO GUARANTEES in this life.

I truly hope and pray that the person who treated me so horridly last night will continue to read my BLOG and to realize that each person who gets InterStim treatment may very well have a different story to tell. And that's okay. Just because I choose to take the positive approach to my health problems does not mean that I am not very compassionate and concerned for those who aren't doing as well. I do care. I care very much. I probably care too much sometimes. But at the same time I am going to continue this BLOG and share MY story. I kind of believe that there are thousands of people out there that have had a positive outcome with their InterStim, and for whatever reason, they do not take the time to sit down and share their story like I am taking the time to do. Maybe they are out there getting on with their lives and appreciating what has happened to them, for the InterStim is a great gift, and I cannot be the only person that realizes that.

I will not talk about this person who hurt me yesterday any further on this BLOG. I will not go into the dark pit of negativity where people are so blinded by their problems that they couldn't see so much as a glimmer of light shining on them. I am done with this conversation and am moving on. People don't have to read this BLOG if they don't want to. If I have any problems with my InterStim, I will talk through them and fix them, and move on, because things could happen. I could take a fall one day and damage a lead wire or something. I pray that doesn't happen, but I know that I would get through it if it did. I will make no apologies for being a success story.


No comments:

Post a Comment