Thursday, March 4, 2010

Before and After

Isn't it amazing how those 'little things' mean so much in our lives? Quiet moments alone or with a friend. A kind word given or received. A gentle rain shower that makes you want to run outside and dance in it. The freedom from relentless trips to the bathroom morning, noon, and night.

On a morning like today I would have gotten up, showered, and peed at least four or five times before leaving the house an hour later. I would have gone shopping at Walmart for an hour and had to pee at least once while there. I would have then gone grocery shopping and had to use their restroom at least once or twice before hitting the checkout. That was BEFORE. But today, AFTER having the InterStim, I got up, peed once, left for Walmart and grocery shopping and didn't have to make several bathroom trips while out. Indeed, I didn't have to go again until I came home, after taking the time to spend $400.00. I like the AFTER so much better...and I will FOREVER be greatful to those who created the InterStim for patients like me who can now enjoy a more normal life!

No comments:

Post a Comment