Monday, March 1, 2010

Viewing the Half Full Glass







Thursday evening I thought I was having what felt like a setback with my InterStim. The urgency was back all night long and drove me crazy. As Friday morning came, I was still having some problems, so I called my Urologist and was instructed to turn the InterStim off for twelve hours and then turn it back on. I went to the world wide web and looked up problems with InterStim, thinking that maybe I would find someone with a simelar problem. I found a message board alright. And, after six or seven messages, I had to quit reading it. Now I am sure all of those complaining people on that message board felt that their problems were valid and that they each had a reason to gripe, but I did NOT want to put all of that negativity into my being. I just couldn't read it. For you see, I don't look to the negative. If there is a problem or a situation, I firmly believe that there is a way to fix it. After having my InterStim off for the twelve hours and then turning it back on, it has worked beautifully again. It would appear that my problem was because of a poor dietary choice and that caused the urgency problem for a few hours afterward. We all have the choice in how we will face the situations in our life. I could have ranted and raved and thrown my own personal hissy, but that is just not my nature. My glass is always half full no matter what. None of us are promised a life of smooth sailing or bliss. We will all face problems or situations and even setbacks. It's up to us how we face each of these as they happen to us. Today I will lift my half full glass and give myself a personal toast to my continued well being because that is exactly what having the InterStim has been for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment