Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Creating our own Destiny

It was a good two years ago, that I seemed to wake up one day and discovered that my physical health was virtually going to pot. With numerous serious health problems piling up one after the other, and Dr. visit after Dr. visit...well it would be enough to bring anybody down. At times I was down alittle, but I decided NOT to stay there.

At my recent visit to the Urologist, my Medtronic Rep said something to me that I didn't fully appreciate until I went home and thought about it. He called me the "poster child for the InterStim."

I thought about what he said and looked to the deeper meaning of it. For me, I could let myself go and become sad that all of these health problems are hitting me. Geeze, my kids are grown and isn't it finally time for me to have some fun? Well, I realized that since having this InterStim and the fact that it is working well for me, I have an obligation to any other person that asks me to let them know how much this has changed my life for the better. I had done my homework and knew that I wanted this procedure even before the Dr suggested it. I watched all of the youtube videos many times over and searched the web. I decided that I would NOT focus on any of the negatives or risks as there are with any surgery, and focus on the positives...the most important being that I would have freedom from relentless trips to the bathroom all day and night. By staying postive I truly believe that I have created a destiny that I like and that I love, despite any present or future health troubles that may come along. So if that makes me a poster child for the InterStim or any other disease that I have, then I will gladly take that responsibility because I owe it to others to let them know that there IS hope and that life CAN be good again.

No comments:

Post a Comment