Monday, March 29, 2010

March 27, 2010 Showdown in Searchlight

Saturday was my first real outing since getting my InterStim. I was determined to travel from Las Vegas to Searchlight, Nevada for the Tea Party Express and to see Sarah Palin in person. I didn't know how I would do being post op, but I did really well. I didn't have to run excessively to the port-a-pottys, which was great. As a matter of fact, there must have been 10,000 people there and I ended up beside a woman that was considering the InterStim. How much of a coincidence could that have been? Or was it fate? Perhaps even God had His Hand in that one. I enjoyed speaking to her and even more seeing Sarah Palin and being among a sea of Patriots. I love this country so much and it was awesome to be among so many others that do too and who are not happy with the direction we are going. I saw a sea of American flags billowing in the chilly wind and ate plenty of dust as it was kicked up in that old mining field where we gathered...but I wouldn't have traded that experience for anything in the world. I could never have made the 150 mile round trip without the InterStim. Relentless bathroom visits would have completely ruined it. So I feel blessed. I am greatful for this moment in time that I will never forget. Tears swelled in my eyes more than once...to be among so many Patriots.....this is a memory to last a lifetime. Thank you to my Medtronics Rep and thank you Dr. C.

No comments:

Post a Comment