Saturday, February 6, 2010

the DON'TS during the Test Stimulation period

1.) Don't take a bath. Take a sponge bath. After 48 hours you can take a frontal only shower, being careful NOT to get the procedure area wet.
2.)Do NOT wear the Test Stimulator while bathing, whether sponging off or frontal shower. Disconnect the cable from the Stimulator, wrap the end of it and the cable in a zip lock plastic bag and secure. (I tape the bag to my back side. Do not get any of this wet.
3.) Do not scoot when you get in and out of a car or chair. Try to sit flat.
4.)Do not bend over, try and kneel instead and don't lift heavy items.
5.)Do not have sex. Being too active too soon can cause the lead to move out of postition.
6.)Do not pull on the chord or get it caught on anything. (I already had that problem, so I am very careful now)
7.)Drink your normal amount of fluids. Try not to change your normal routine.

(these Don'ts were provided by my Medtronic Rep)

No comments:

Post a Comment