Saturday, February 13, 2010

Embracing feelings along the journey




It is my third day since having my implant. Although I'm not completely comfortable at night yet, the discomfort that I feel is not that bad, and is what I would consider normal for having surgery. My implant area is still alittle swollen but I am using an ice pack for short moments off and on and it helps. Today I decided to use the remote (as I call it), which is a device that controls the amount of frequency that is sent to the InterStim. I wanted to turn it up just slightly, but for some reason I was feeling alittle scared to venture out and do it for the first time. I guess those feelings are normal and I worked through it. My Medtronic Rep gave me step by step, easy instructions, with pictures on how to do it and it turned out to be very very easy. The device consists of a piece that goes over the implant and attaches to the remote. I was able to easily turn the frequency up slightly and reach the InterStim in my back side without any problem. Whew! I'm glad I took that first step! Now the rest will be easy, should I decide to change the frequency or turn the device on or off at any time.


No comments:

Post a Comment